The wellness & safety of our staff and visitors is our top priority. Our team continues to monitor the shifting developments in the COVID-19 situation.
As of August 5, 2020, Railroad Park remains open & operational. Our restrooms, water fountain, exercise equipment and playgrounds continue to be closed to reduce the spread of the virus.
Latest park rules are as follows:
- Railroad Park's opening hours are 7 am - 11 pm.
- Railroad Park is open for individual exercise.
- Railroad Park is open for lawn picnics. Picnics on the grass are welcome for individuals and groups from the same household only.
- Railroad Park is open for sitting. The benches, lawns, and gabion walls are available for sitting for individuals and groups from the same household only.
- No group activity allowed in the Park; gatherings larger than nine people will be asked to leave.
- Park visitors must remain six feet away at all times from people outside of their household.
- Chairs and tables have been removed from the pavilions for the time being.
- Restrooms and water fountain remain closed for the time being.
- Playgrounds, outdoor exercise equipment area and The Boxcar Cafe are closed for the time being.
- Masks are required when not exercising or eating/drinking.
- Birmingham Police and Railroad Park Rangers are onsite to enforce the rules.
- Park programs, including Get Healthy on the Railroad presented by Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Alabama, remain suspended. Please see our Events page for virtual programs.
- All park events will be rescheduled.
As it has for the last ten years, Railroad Park is pleased to provide a calm respite for anyone who needs one. The park remains open to serve the community.
While we would love to see you at Railroad Park, if you're feeling sick, please follow the recommendations of the CDC and JCDH and stay home and avoid close contact with others. Here is the link to their recommendations of how to avoid respiratory illness.
Thank you to all of the medical professionals and others in our communities who are and will be making sacrifices to serve those who need it.