The wellness & safety of our staff and visitors is our top priority. Our team is monitoring the shifting developments in the COVID-19 situation. We're maintaining our normal operating hours while putting some additional measures in place.
As of May 1, 2020, Railroad Park remains open & operational. Our restrooms are closed until further notice by order of the City of Birmingham.
Latest park rules are as follows:
- Railroad Park's opening hours are 7 am - 11 pm.
- Railroad Park remains open to those moving in or through the park for exercise purposes only.
- No picnics at this time — only exerciseRestrooms currently remain closed.
- Masks are not required when exercising.
- Birmingham police and Railroad Park Rangers are onsite to enforce the rules.
If visitors adhere to these rules, Railroad Park will remain open.
Measures still in place since April 1:
- Restrooms remain closed.
- No sitting.
- No group activity (2 or more people) of any kind inside the park.
- No group activity (2 or more people) in or near cars parked around the park's perimeter.
- Remain six feet away from all people at all times while exercising (running, walking)
- The two playgrounds, the outdoor exercise equipment area and The Boxcar Cafe remain closed.
- Chairs and tables have been removed from the pavilions.
- Park programs, including Get Healthy on the Railroad, presented by Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Alabama remain suspended.
- All park events will be rescheduled.
As it has for the last ten years, Railroad Park is pleased to provide a calm respite for anyone who needs one. The park remains open and eager to serve the community.
While we would love to see you at Railroad Park, if you're feeling sick, please follow the recommendations of the CDC and JCDH and stay home and avoid close contact with others. Here is the link to their recommendations of how to avoid respiratory illness.
Thank you to all of the medical professionals and others in our communities who are and will be making sacrifices to serve those who need it.