The wellness & safety of our staff and visitors is our top priority. Our team is monitoring the shifting developments in the COVID-19 situation. We're maintaining our normal operating hours while putting some additional measures in place.
As of April 1, 2020, Railroad Park remains open & operational. Our restrooms are closed until further notice by order of the City of Birmingham.
Park attendees must adhere to the City of Birmingham's Shelter-in-Place ordinance at all times. New park rules are as follows:
- Railroad Park is open to those moving in or through it for exercise purposes only.
- No sitting.
- No group activity (2 or more people) of any kind inside the park.
- No group activity (2 or more people) in or near cars parked around the park's perimeter.
- Remain six feet away from all people at all times while exercising (running, walking), INCLUDING family members and roommates from the same household.
- Birmingham Police & Railroad Park Rangers will be onsite to enforce the rules.
If visitors adhere to these rules, Railroad Park will remain open.
If visitors break these rules, Railroad Park may be closed by the City of Birmingham as early as Monday, April 6.
Measures still in place since March 21:
- The two playgrounds, the outdoor exercise equipment area and The Boxcar Cafe remain closed.
- Chairs and tables have been removed from the pavilions.
- Park programs, including Get Healthy on the Railroad, presented by Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Alabama remain suspended.
- All park events will be rescheduled.
As it has for the last ten years, Railroad Park is pleased to provide a calm respite for anyone who needs one. The park remains open and eager to serve the community.
While we would love to see you at Railroad Park, if you're feeling sick, please follow the recommendations of the CDC and JCDH and stay home and avoid close contact with others. Here is the link to their recommendations of how to avoid respiratory illness.
Thank you to all of the medical professionals and others in our communities who are and will be making sacrifices to serve those who need it.