The wellness & safety of our staff and visitors is our top priority. Our team continues to monitor the shifting developments in the COVID-19 situation.
As of August 9, 2021, Railroad Park remains open & operational.
Latest park rules are as follows:
- Railroad Park's opening hours are 7 am –11 pm.
- Playgrounds and exercise equipment are open for use. Social distancing is encouraged while using these amenities.
- Restrooms are open for limited hours of 7 am – 8 pm with the following rules:
- Masks are required (regardless of vaccination status).
- Capacity limited to five (5) people in the restroom at one time.
- Practice social distancing while waiting to use the restroom.
- Wash hands thoroughly after using the restroom.
- Additionally, restrooms will be cleaned throughout the day as needed with a deep clean every evening at 8 p.m.
- Get Healthy on the Railroad presented by Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Alabama will resume with social distancing guidelines in place.
- Event reservations are now being taken for events to be held on September 1, 2021 and beyond.
As it has for the last ten years, Railroad Park is pleased to provide a calm respite for anyone who needs one. The park remains open to serve the community.
While we would love to see you at Railroad Park, if you're feeling sick, please follow the recommendations of the CDC and JCDH and stay home and avoid close contact with others. Here is the link to their recommendations of how to avoid respiratory illness.
Thank you to all of the medical professionals and others in our communities who are and will be making sacrifices to serve those who need it.