Programs & Signature Events
Railroad Park Foundation offers a variety of programs the entire family can enjoy. Below is a list of some of our most popular programs. To learn more about upcoming programs please check out our Calendar of Events, befriend us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter! Also, be sure to sign up for our e-newsletter to stay informed!
- Get Healthy on the Railroad Presented by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama is a free, eight-month (March through October) exercise program that offers a variety of exercise classes every weekday at 6:00 p.m. Classes include Jazzercise®, Bootcamp, Zumba, Yoga and Happy Feet Friday.
- Get Healthy on the Railroad Cooking Classes Presented by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama — We expanded in 2016 to offer five healthy nutrition classes at Railroad Park. Classes were led by area non-profits on the park's 17th Street Plaza on select Sunday afternoons that begun on May 15th. All events were FREE to attend! The first 100 registered attendees received free produce and a recipe card so they can easily replicate the dish at home. For a schedule of events, please click here.
In addition to our signature events, Railroad Park is proud to be the venue for some of the best events in town, such as:
- Symphony in the Summer, a free summer concert series presented by the Alabama Symphony Orchestra.
- Jingle Bell Run/Walk is the largest 5K race series aimed to fight arthritis, the nations leading cause of disability. The event is presented by the Arthritis Foundation.
- Schaeffer Eye Center CityFest
- Cahaba River Fry Down
- Magic City Aids Walk
- Light the Night
Planning a special event that you’d like to host at Railroad Park?Apply here.
Get on the right Track and have your next event here at Railroad Park!
To find out how, just follow these tracks:
- Choose a space. View our event spaces, packages and rates (PDF).
- Review the Park’s event policies and procedures. View Event Rules.
- Decide if you would like to have catered food, alcoholic beverages, carnival rentals, audio/visual equipment and/or other amenities at your event. View our list of approved caterers and vendors.
- Fill out an events request form (PDF).
- Fax or email your events request form to (205) 521-9922 or to email@example.com.
- Once your information is received, a representative from Railroad Park will contact you within 2-3 business days. Once approved, you will receive an invoice regarding your reservation.
- Reservations are on a first come, first served basis. Please make money orders or checks payable to Railroad Park Foundation. Unfortunately, Railroad Park Foundation does not accept credit card payments for facility usage fees. Reservations are confirmed once full payment is received.