- How to reserve space
- Additional charges
- Event Logistics
- Railroad Park Reservation Rules
How to reserve space
- Reservations are on a first come, first served basis.
- Clients must submit an events request form before an event can be tentatively placed on the Park's events calendar.
- Reservations are confirmed once full payment has been received.
- Railroad Park accepts cash, checks and money orders. Please make checks and/or money orders payable to Railroad Park Foundation. Unfortunately Railroad Park does not accept credit cards. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- All payments are final and may not be refunded. In the event of inclement weather or the client's schedule change, the client may reschedule the event within one year of the original event date (working with the Park to avoid conflicts with existing reservations/Park schedule).
- Non-Profit Discount: Non-profit organizations will receive a 20% discount off of facility usage. A copy of the organization's 501c3 must accompany the events request form. The non-profit discount does not apply to any of the Railroad Park packages. Railroad Park Foundation is a non-profit entity and therefore cannot donate to other charitable organizations other than through the Non-Profit Discount.
- Summer Tracks Discount: July 1 through August 31 all facility usage fees and packages are 20% off.
- The Winter Rail Discount: November 1 through February 29 all facility usage fees and packages are 20% off.
- RXR Discount: Reserve two or more facility usage areas and receive a 10% discount off of your total facility usage fee. The RXR Discount does not apply to packages.
- Events where attendance is expected to be 200 or more, or events deemed large-scale by the Special Events Coordinator may be assessed an additional charge per hour to provide additional security and janitorial services for your event. This service charge depends on the number of people expected to attend the event and your reservation area.
- In instances, which the Special Events Coordinator deems necessary for the overall betterment of the Park and event, clients will be required to provide portable toilets at their event through one of the Park's approved vendors.
- Check-In: On the day of your event, clients must report to the Railroad Park office and check-in with a representative of Railroad Park prior to reporting to your reserved section.
- Event Time Frame: Reservations are for four hours. If your event requires more than the standard there will be an additional $100.00 to $500.00 per hour charge depending upon the scope of your reservation. This fee does not include the additional charge per hour to provide additional security and janitorial service.
- Event Set-Up: You will receive two hours to set-up for your event. Large-scale events will receive four hours to set-up. An event can only be deemed large-scale by the Special Events Coordinator. If your event requires more than the standard set-up time, it will be an additional $100.00 per hour. Additional charges per hour may apply to provide additional security and janitorial services.
- 24-Hour Advance Event Set-Up: Clients may set up at least 24-hours in advance of their event if and only if their set-up does not interfere with other previously planned reservations and activities at Railroad Park. The early set-up fee is $1,000 and the fee includes special security for the 24-hour period.
- Event Breakdown: You will receive two hours to breakdown your event. Large-scale events will receive four hours to breakdown. An event can only be deemed large-scale by the Special Events Coordinator. If your event requires more than the standard breakdown time, it will be an additional $300.00 per hour. However, if you request additional breakdown time in advance and not the day of or after your event, the breakdown fee is only $100.00 per hour. Additional charges per hour may apply to provide additional security and janitorial services.
- 24-Hour Post Event Breakdown: Clients may breakdown 24-hours after the completion of an event if and only if their breakdown time does not interfere with other previously planned reservations and activities at Railroad Park. The late breakdown fee is $1,000, and the fee includes special security for the 24-hour period.
- Check out: Immediately following your event, clients must report to the Railroad Park office and submit the Railroad Park Event Checklist form to a representative of Railroad Park. This is to ensure no event items are left on-site after your event and the Park is returned to its natural state. If any Park property (i.e. landscaping, tables, chairs or equipment) is permanently damaged as a direct result of your event, you will be assessed a minimum of $500.00 in order to cover the total cost of the repair.
Railroad Park Reservation Rules
- Vendors: All scheduled reservations and activities must use Railroad Park's preferred vendors and caterers. This includes but is not limited to food, portable restrooms, tents, chairs, audio/visual needs, staging etc. Event Coordinators must also adhere to this rule. Special provision may be granted based on the nature of the event. In this case the client will be responsible for paying an additional assessment of $500.00.
- Alcohol: All alcoholic beverages must be supplied and served by Railroad Park's licensed vendor. The client incurs all responsibility and liability for serving alcohol. All state and federal laws concerning the serving and consumption of alcohol will be strictly enforced. No one under the age of 21 will be served alcohol under any circumstance. Due to ABC regulations, groups or individuals are not allowed to bring in or serve alcohol, donated or otherwise, on-site. All alcohol must be purchased and served by the Park's licensed vendor.
- Motor Vehicles: In an effort to maintain the lawns at Railroad Park we ask that all clients and vendors of the Park refrain from driving any commercial motor vehicle (trucks, vans, semi-trucks) or regular motor vehicles on the grass. The specific areas include: The Meadow, West Lawn, The Hillside, Lawn Terraces, West Gate and the Amphitheater. Failure to adhere to this request may result in a monetary penalty for the client and release of contract for the Park approved vendor or caterer. We understand this policy may affect your set-up and breakdown procedure. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your assistance in keeping Railroad Park beautiful and well maintained for generations to come. Exceptions may be made by the Special Events Coordinator in emergency situations.
- All decorations must be pre-approved by the Special Events Coordinator. Decorations may not be affixed to any surface of Railroad Park, its grounds or facilities, with nails, staples, tacks or other fasteners that may cause damage.
- Because of the problems with and costs associated with clean up, no rice, confetti, glitter, birdseed, etc. may be thrown on the grounds.
- The Special Events Coordinator must pre-approve any use of candles, lanterns or torches. No open flame candles, sparklers or fireworks are allowed on the grounds due to Fire Marshall Regulations.
- Nothing may be placed in any of the water elements of the park.
- Please refrain from the use of sidewalk chalk or water-colored paint.
- If any Park property (i.e. landscaping, tables, chairs or equipment) is permanently damaged as a direct result of your event, you will be assessed a minimum of $500.00 in order to cover the total cost of the repair.
- Event Coordinators: Railroad Park provides the space for special events. Railroad Park recommends the use of a professional wedding or event coordinator for arrangement and direction of your event. The staff of Railroad Park is present to ensure your event is a success, but cannot coordinate or direct events.
- Office Space: No office space or supplies will be provided to you or your organization during a scheduled event.
- Storage: Railroad Park accepts no responsibility for the delivery of any items or for the storage or safekeeping of any personal items left on the grounds or in any building or structure.
- Marketing: The use of, or any reference to Railroad Park's name, logo, or image to promote, advertise, or sell tickets to an event is allowed after full payment is received for the event in question. If full payment has not been received Railroad Park reserves the right to deny you or your organization the right to use the facility for your event.
- Event Information: Railroad Park is not responsible for providing event information or directions to event attendees. A telephone number for your organization/corporation should be included on all of your event literature and promotional materials.
- Parking: Free parking is available along the outer perimeters of the Park along First Avenue South. Please refrain from parking in the spaces allotted for various local businesses that operate along First Avenue South unless you are attending those venues. Violators may be subject to tickets or towing. Park patrons are free to use Parking Lot D located on 18th Street and First Avenue South at a cost of $2.00. For more information concerning Parking Lot D, please contact the Birmingham Parking Authority at 205-254-2330.
Note: Railroad Park reserves the right to refuse usage to any individual, organization or event. The usage of Railroad Park will not be denied based on reasons of race, sex, national origin or other illegal basis.
Railroad Park, grounds and the facilities located thereon are open to the public for its use and enjoyment. Railroad Park cannot therefore ensure the safety of any property left by any one on or about its grounds, property or in any facilities located thereon. The Railroad Park Foundation hereby states that it, its Directors, officers, agents or employees are not responsible for any losses due to theft, accident, fire or through any other act or circumstance for any items left on the premises of the Railroad Park, grounds or any facility located thereon by any person, company or corporation, whether for the use by any person, company or corporation, lessee of such facilities, invitee, guest or caterer of any person, company or corporation or other such person using or visiting or otherwise on the property, grounds or facilities of the Railroad Park. Should any person choose to leave any item of personal property on the grounds or property of this facility, it will be at their own risk should a loss occur.