Programs & Signature Events
Railroad Park Foundation offers a variety of programs the entire family can enjoy. Below is a list of some of our most popular programs. To learn more about upcoming programs please check out our Calendar of Events, befriend us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, be sure to sign up for our e-newsletter to stay informed!
- Get Healthy on the Railroad Sponsored by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama is a free exercise program that offers a variety of exercise classes every weekday at 6:00 p.m. Classes include Kickboxing, Hip Hop Cardio®, Zumba, Yoga and Line Dancing.
- Join us for Senior Fit on Tuesday mornings at 8 a.m. Open to everyone, this class focuses on strength, balance, endurance and flexibility.
- Get Healthy on the Railroad Cooking Classes, sponsored by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama, will take place in-person on select Sundays of each month, April - September. These healthy nutrition classes are FREE to attend and led by area non-profits from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. on the Regions Bank 17th Street Plaza.
- Magic City Pop-Up Plaza will take place on the 2nd Saturday of each month, April – September from 12 to 5 p.m. Join us on the Regions Bank 17th Street Plaza to enjoy delicious fare from food trucks and shop with local makers, artists and entrepreneurs.
In addition to our signature events, Railroad Park is proud to be the venue for some of the best events in town, such as:
- American Heart Association's Birmingham Heart Walk
- Symphony in the Summer, a free summer concert series presented by the Alabama Symphony Orchestra.
- March of Dimes March for Babies
- Magic City Winefest
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night
Planning a special event that you’d like to host at Railroad Park?Apply here.
Please check our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages as well as our Calendar of Events for up-to-the minute updates and be sure to sign up for our e-newsletter to stay informed.
Get on the right Track and have your next event here at Railroad Park!
To find out how, just follow these tracks:
- Choose a space. View our event spaces, packages and rates (PDF).
- Review the Park’s event policies and procedures. View Event Rules.
- Decide if you would like to have catered food, alcoholic beverages, carnival rentals, audio/visual equipment and/or other amenities at your event. View our list of approved caterers and vendors.
- Fill out an events request form (PDF).
- Fax or email your events request form to (205) 521-9922 or to email@example.com.
- Once your information is received, a representative from Railroad Park will contact you within 2-3 business days. Once approved, you will receive an invoice regarding your reservation.
- Reservations are on a first come, first served basis. Please make money orders or checks payable to Railroad Park Foundation. Unfortunately, Railroad Park Foundation does not accept credit card payments for facility usage fees. Reservations are confirmed once full payment is received.